Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Domingo de Resurrección...y mucho más!

Resurrexi et adhuc tecum sum
(I have risen, I am still with you, for ever.)

This was a very special Easter...indeed!

Fabi's uncle and aunt - Sopan & Priya - had reached Erlangen a few days earlier and we planned a short trip to the capital of Germany. We woke up early on Easter Sunday to find everything covered with snow. We took an ICE train to go to Berlin. When we reached, Ishan, Fabi, Sopan & Priya headed towards the hotel, while I took a cab that got me on time to the Easter Sunday Mass Celebration of the Spanish speaking community. It was lovely! I later met everyone at the hotel and we went on to some essential sightseeing. We visited the famous Berlin flea market where Ishan found this gift for me. Then we took a bus city tour and I'm proud to have taken some good snaps, including: "3 and a half Indians riding past the Indian Embassy in Berlin" and "the new train station" (which I still had not seen until now).

Easter Monday (Ostermontag) is a holiday here in Germany and this year it was also Fabi's third birthday! This is my favorite picture of that day (you might be familiar with my love for the Ampelmann by now). Later we took another city tour: this time the birthday boy was thrilled to ride a boat down the Spree River. It was unforgettable!

Later that day we took a train back home to Erlangen, where lots of presents and homemade birthday cards were waiting for Fabi. He didn't get a birthday cake that day, but he did like his birthday ice cream.

Here in Germany, Easter also represents a time of rebirth, new beginnings and the magic of spring. The tradition of the Easter Bunny is observed and even though it was suppossed to visit on Easter Sunday, since we were away, the
Bunny decided to come back with a surprise for Fabi. (In whispering voice: I *do* have at least one nice lady neighbor.)

That following weekend, Fabi eventually got to model his new Indian
ethnic outfit and blow out some candles.

Before going off to Paris, Sopan & Priya
enjoyed helping out to prepare for Fabi's birthday party. Since Fabi enjoys building towers so much, I thought a cupcake tower to blow the candles at his birthday party was a good idea. The cupcakes turned out to be edible, too! Not bad for my first attempt at baking something. It was a good thing I had Sopan & Priya's support! The party turned out great...at least I think Fabi enjoyed it!

Sometimes I wonder if Sopan & Priya were really here or if I just dreamt about it. Two weeks is really a SHORT time, but we enjoyed it a lot: we visited the Spring Fair, we had sunny and snowy days (always a good opportunity to have a winter fashion show) and of course, there were lots of hugs and kisses all the time! Fabi also enjoyed spending time with his Dad during the holidays :)

THANKS SOPAN & PRIYA!!!...COME BACK SOON!!!...

HAPPY EASTER, EVERYONE!....

Labels: , , ,

2 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

At Thu Apr 10, 10:09:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Gummy Mommy said...

Que super divertido..! wow.. la verdad es que tuvieron una super agenda, apretadisima con eventos.. pero que chevere!! Me encantan las fotos de ustedes tres.. Muy linda tu familia!

 
At Sun Apr 20, 08:07:00 AM GMT+2, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice to know so much about easter and hw u guys celebrated it
shants

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]