Friday, August 08, 2008

APOTEOSICO

Picture taken from CNN

Talk about live blogging! I knew the Summer Olympic Games were starting today in Beijing, but I hadn't planned on watching the opening ceremony. Luckily, it rained here in Erlangen during the afternoon (it's 3:45pm) and I happened to turn the T.V. on and switched to TVE. OMG! The grandiosity of that ceremony!...I can only imagine how the athletes feel as they enter the Bird's Nest with their country's flag...!
It's AMAZING what humans are able to do!

As I type this Fabian and I have seen several delegations walk by, including Spain, India (and Sonia Gandhi among the spectators), Dominican Republic...and we're waiting to see the small delegation from Costa Rica. (The names of the countries are ordered alphabetically according to the local language.) Brazil's president is the only one who attended the ceremony representing Latin America.

I will be following this blog (in Spanish) that has been already updated by some of the Costa Rican athletes in Beijing.

And speaking of the Olympic fever a friend in Facebook brought this to my attention. I like the initiative too.
UPDATE:

Allan Segura on T.V. and Fabian posing in front of it.

Labels: ,

4 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

At Wed Aug 13, 08:50:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger Gummy Mommy said...

Wasnt' it like the most amazing and surreal ceremony EVAH??
From the 2008 drummers at the beginning to the guy FLYING..RUNNING IN THE AIR to light up the torch.. It was U.N.B.E.L.I.V.E.A.B.L.E!!!!
And did you see my dominicanitos?? Que orgullo!!!
I'm sad our latin-american dignataries didn't find it important to support our athletes :(

 
At Tue Aug 19, 05:42:00 AM GMT+2, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Estamos esperando que Nery Brenes clasifique mañana a semifinales. O y J

 
At Tue Aug 19, 05:56:00 AM GMT+2, Anonymous Anonymous said...

¡Qué buenas fotos las de Fabi. O y J

 
At Mon May 15, 06:57:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger Unknown said...

Natural Teeth Whitening With Apple Cider Vinegar. For more click here
Apple cider vinegar teeth whitening

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]