Thursday, January 19, 2006

Dime que lees...

This is my reading list nowadays:









Eventhough I started reading this book sometime ago, I'm still on chapter 9 (four more chapters until I finish the book). It's very good!

















I know...I know...it's fiction...but I still wanted to read it, so that I would know what all the buzz about this book was about.
















This is the Spanish version of 'Eat Green. Lose Weight'. I got it as a gift from my Dad and up until now I have only used it as a reference. I'm hoping to read it completely very soon.






What are YOU currently reading?

4 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

At Thu Jan 19, 12:37:00 PM GMT+1, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last 4 books I read were : "Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince" that I finished long time before X-Mas! Can't wait for the next and last of the series to come out...!; Next were "The Wailing Wind" (2002), and "Dance Hall of the Dead" (1974) both books by Tony Hillermann. They are mysteries novels involving two policemen of the Navajo Police working on the Navajo Reservation in Arizona/New Mexico. Both guys always come across some nasty unsolved crimes. I've been reading these ever since I discovered them when I was in AZ as an AFSer!!; last book I'm still reading is a novel by a French-speaking Swiss author. Very bad book, at least I don't like the way it's written. I've read Swiss books that are a lot better!
Well, I notice that with time going on I'm getting into easy reading and reading less...! When I was a young teenager I used to read about one or two books every week!

 
At Thu Jan 19, 12:59:00 PM GMT+1, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, last year, I also read the Da Vinci Code! I thought it was really well done in the way it uses all these religious theories to get the reader caught up in the story. I was really caught up in my reading and I couldn't stop until I finished the book! The way it's told makes it really enjoyable to read. Then, of course wether you believe in these theories or not is up to you. I admit the way they are presented makes you believe they could be true, though the end is a bit going far into the thing, a bit too much! The author uses the apocrypha literature (among other sources of inspiration). I've been for a long time interested in those but I've never read any of them, nor any book talking about them. I think it's interesting even to know that some texts were chosen by the "official church" at some point in time (sometimes a long time after Jesus' death) to be part of the Bible and other texts were rejected. Without denying faith in the Bible, the whole process seems to me to be a subjective choice made by a few. The question I ask myself is what would have Jesus thought of these choices?? Of course, who will ever know?!
Note: From Wikipedia: "In Judeo-Christian theology, the word apocrypha refers to texts that are not considered canonical, part of the Bible, but are of roughly similar style and age as the accepted canonical Scriptures".

 
At Thu Jan 19, 07:18:00 PM GMT+1, Blogger MasalaMom said...

Thanks for your comments, Marlene!... What you mention about 'Da Vinci Code' is exactly why I want to read it too. I'm eager to know for example, what are the references used in the book. I heard visitors to the Louvre Museum in Paris were interested in works of art because they were mentioned in the book and even the people working in the museum read it to help guide the readers satisfy their curiosity.

And regarding your interest in the books by Tony Hillermann...don't you find amazing the kind of lifetime influence a single year as exchange students has in our lives?!

 
At Fri Jan 20, 11:51:00 AM GMT+1, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yes! It's amazing how we got influenced by this year (such a short period of time in a lifetime, if you think about it)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]