Monday, November 13, 2006

35 'loco' years


The Costa Rican national police code is the origin for the number 35 to be used as a reference to a 'mentally disturbed' (i.e. crazy) person; 'loco' in Spanish.

According to this, today I celebrated my 'Crazy Birthday'. I like this idea, not because it has anything to do with being mentally disturbed, or because I barely fit the category of
'young adult' anymore, but because 'crazy' can also mean silly, outrageous, eccentric, extreme, passionate, wild and fun. That's how I would like my adventures in life to be.

Part of my silly celebration was to have an
Elmo birthday cake. It's true that this character has a whiny baby voice, speaks in third person and can eventually get really annoying, but he's also cute, innocent and Fabi likes him a lot...plus and he can dance!


Today I spent a really special birthday...35 years ago, my Mom became a mother for the first time and I was here to celebrate with her. I received many e-mails, messages and (local!) phone calls from friends and family members. I'm very thankful for all the good wishes!

2 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

At Tue Nov 14, 08:26:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Nidhi said...

The cake looks real yum!

 
At Thu Nov 16, 05:45:00 AM GMT+1, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday to u... have a crazy year ahead ;))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]