Thursday, November 15, 2007

Chronicle of my birthday

I mentioned before that my birthday celebration this year was to go out with Ishan last Saturday night. We went to my favorite place in Erlangen where they play Latinamerican music and I had a couple of Baileys...yum!

On Monday evening Fabi had surprised me by
singingFeliz Cumpleaños, Mamá! while playing with the balloons that Alonso had left for him the previous day.

Tuesday 13th, the actual day of my birthday, was really special because it was Fabi's first day at his playgroup. Jetlag is officially over and it was the day when we got up the earliest since we came back from Costa Rica. We headed for the
Mütterzentrum and met Fabi´s playmates. There are eight children in total (including Fabi): 4 boys and 4 girls. The group includes a pair of 3-yr. old twin girls (who speak Russian and German) and a pair of twin boys (who speak Urkrainian and German). They will get together every Tuesday and Friday from 9:00am to 12 noon. Since it was the first day, I stayed with them the whole time, but I will slowly start leaving Fabi alone until he realizes that he can stay there by himself and then I come back for him at the end of the session.

Fabi did a watercolor painting, had a snack and played outside in the sandbox. As we were leaving, he was proudly showing his work of art.

Check out my birthday card:

After Fabi´s playgroup was over, I was going to head towards Subway to have my birthday lunch, but we happened to walk by McDonald´s and Fabi managed to change my mind: I know the Happy Meal is healthy there (milk, salad, fruits and fish sticks) - and we get a toy!

After lunch we crossed the street and Fabi spent some time in the children´s section of our
favorite bookstore while I browsed the calendar section. It was getting cold and so after a short visit to the Arcaden, we waited for the bus (no. 287) that would take us home again.

We came home just in time to have a chatting session with Fabi´s family in Mumbai. At the same time Masaladad came home, packed his bag and left on a business trip to...India!

One of the things I really enjoyed was getting messages from friends (some whom I hadn´t been in touch with for a while). So many nice birthday wishes came in the form of phone calls, e-mails, e-cards, blog comments, messenger lines, Orkut scraps and Hi-5 messages!

As you can see, it was a nice, blessed, memorable -albeit cakeless- birthday!



Labels: , , ,

3 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

At Thu Nov 15, 07:11:00 PM GMT+1, Blogger Nidhi said...

Wow Birthday seems so nice! Hmm no cake :(, well i guess when we meet we can have some,
Hows the Arcaden?..hmm Baileys at cubanito, sound nice! so You had a nice extended brithday!
Wishing you loads of happiness always!

 
At Fri Nov 16, 11:16:00 PM GMT+1, Anonymous Anonymous said...

¡Qué canela estuvo! Fue una celebración diferente pero no menos bonita. O y J

 
At Mon Nov 19, 12:19:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Unknown said...

guarde esa tarjeta, Gaurang tiene potencial, en el tate modern hay unos trabajos de Jackson Pollock y Lee Krasner que tienen un cierto parecido, y ya ese chiquito de todos modos es un gran artista...

ojo:

http://www.tate.org.uk/modern/explore/work.do?id=12151&action=3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]