Wednesday, April 09, 2008

This post is brought to you from...another dimension.

Where have I been? What has been keeping me so busy that I haven't even blogged lately? Can you guess?

Well...I have been busy because Fabian has a sister now. Not a younger sister -as you would think- but an older sister. She's an 11 year old girl who is the daughter of a friend of mine. My friend is abroad visiting her own family and I have been in charge of taking care of her daughter while my friend is away. That's right! I have been a mother of two for 15 days now...only 7 more days to go (but who's counting anyway, right?!)

I seriously don't understand why I used to think that "Fabi kept me busy" and that "I didn't have any time"....because seriously....what was I doing before I had "two kids"?

My friend's daughter has been here while Sopan & Priya were visiting us. I have come to know the concept of having a "full house" now. Thank God for the two bathrooms, the big washing machine and the dishwasher in this apartment!

Here's what I have learned:
Hausfrau = home management = NOT EASY!

Don't get me wrong: I'm not complaining! It has been a very interesting, eye-opening, broadening experience. I thank my friend for trusting me enough with her own daughter...but I think I am looking forward to my previous life again, so that I can leave this other dimension I am in right now. Let me tell you: "pre-teenage life can be quite challenging!"

You know what would also be nice? To get over this cold once and for all! Everytime I feel like getting overwhelmed with house work, I think of my mother, my grandmother and all the mothers in this whole wide world and wonder why it's not "Mother's Day" every single day of the year. Speaking of my grandmother...Abuela Carmen...she turned 95 years old! ¡FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS, ABUELA!

I am beyond conscience-stricken with guilt for all those pending e-mail replies. Shweta, Ashwin, Rong, Shefali, Andreas, Marlene, Sergio B., Claudia....I owe you a reply! I will write as soon as I can!

Labels: , , ,

1 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

At Sun Apr 20, 08:04:00 AM GMT+2, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice to hear that ur taking care of another child now....:)) must say i was a lil surprised at the beginning of the post..lol
shants

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]