Sunday, July 06, 2008

Can you feel the beat?

I love chocolate. You'll probably agree with me that chocolate goes with vanilla...with strawberries...but have you ever heard of mixing chocolate and zucchini? Well..it's not only possible...it's delicious! I like chocolate so much...I don't think I would mind mixing it with anything else.

But this post is not about chocolate...it's about (
techno) music. Techno is pretty much like chocolate: it goes well with everything! (Well...almost everything. If you know what cumbia is, I'm sorry to tell you that there's techno cumbia).

Have you heard "
Time to say goodbye", by Andrea Bocelli? There's a techno version of the song.

You know
Hava Nagila? It has a techno version as well (it starts at min. 1:47 of the video).

I'm not sure how
Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber feels about this version of The Phantom of the Opera.

Mozart, Ludwig van Beethoven , Vivaldi and J.S. Bach have also been "victims" of this blend. Some people hate it, but others think differently.

If you happen to be in Costa Rica this coming August 25th, you're in luck! You have the chance to see a presentation of
Bajofondo. What a great idea! chocolate techno + tango! I think even Gardel would approve!


I'm not going to be in Costa Rica in August and it's also very unlikely that I can go to Dortmund next week. But I'm sure glad there's YouTube! :)

Labels: ,

1 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

At Thu Jul 10, 05:54:00 AM GMT+2, Anonymous Anonymous said...

El techno tango está muy cool. Es igual con la techno cumbia, posiblemente luego tendremos techno cha cha cha, techno vals, etc. O y J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]