Monday, January 23, 2006

My OWN Bureau


MARI



= Mari.wav
(Click to listen)






MARIE



= Marie.wav
(Click to listen)







This is just for fun...I've been meaning to write this post ever since the 'Anti-Marie-Bureau' ad campaign started here in India because I completely identify myself with the logo you see at the top of this post.

The 'Marie' biscuits are very popular here in India; people like to dip the biscuits in their tea. You find different types of 'Marie' biscuits and lately this ad campaign started to introduce a new type of these biscuits.

The reason I identify myself with the logo is because it represents a 'campaign' I would have liked to launch myself after coming to India....you see: my name is Mariluz, but I shorten it to 'Mari' so that it's easier for people to remember and to pronounce. (Click on the 'Mari.wav' link to listen to the pronunciation).

On the other hand, I pronounce the name 'Marie' the 'American English' way, just as you hear it by clicking on the link above.

But here in India they pronounce both names the same way. So, eventhough I hear my name correctly all the time, I've had to get used to see it spelled with an extra 'e' at the end. Therefore, I am now officially joining the 'Anti-Marie-Bureau'! Do you like my idea?

0 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]