Thursday, March 23, 2006

One year ago...(contd.)

...I went back to my OB/GYN's office two days later and discovered that my blood pressure was still high. It was Wednesday late afternoon and we agreed that labor would be induced immediately.
The doctor told me that after applying a gel (a prostaglandin medication), I could go home and that we would meet at the hospital the next morning.
That sounded like a good plan. I remember I was so calm...the birth of my baby still seemed distant.
I was planning to go home and send an e-mail announcing that the baby was on his way. I would also have to finish packing the bag I would take to the hospital. Maybe on the way home we could stop by a photo studio - I told Ishan that I wanted a picture of the two of us on the 9th month of pregnancy. However, there was some traffic on the way home...and I started to feel 'uncomfortable', so I dropped the idea of having the picture taken. "Let's just go home", I said...

0 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]