Saturday, April 14, 2007

Easter: colored eggs, walls and faces...and a trip to the Children´s Hospital

Easter Triduum was one week ago and things went very different from what I had planned for.

Ishan was going to be home on Good Friday (Karfreitag - April 6th) and Easter Monday (Oster Montag - April 10th), so I was looking forward to a long weekend with an extra pair of hands around the house. Our good friend Pamela had volunteered to babysit Fabi on Saturday, so that Ishan and I would be able to get more things done. We were almost done putting up the wallpaper on our bedroom, but with all the things that were pending around the house I still felt as if we were "camping" inside the apartment.

I started to feel sick on Friday evening, to the point where I asked Ishan to stop working on the wallpaper so that he could be in charge of Fabi. I went to bed at around 6:00pm and got up at midnight. Fabi slept well, but the following morning -when I thought I was feeling well again- he fell sick and we had to go to the Children´s Hospital. I woke Pamela up at 11:00am (she had gone out the previous evening and had gone to bed really late). Instead of babysitting, Pamela ended up coming over immediately after I called her and gave us a ride to the hospital (good thing we now have a car seat for Fabi!) I was also really really glad Fabi did not throw up in her car!

At the hospital, we had to wait a long time for a doctor to see Fabi. A few other kids were also there -apparently with similar symptoms. Fabi had high fever and could not hold anything in his stomach. I just hoped he didn´t get dehydrated! At some point during our wait, I thought I was going to faint. A glass of water was enough to distract me and then it was Fabi´s turn to get examined. The doctor just gave us a prescription of a medicine to keep his temperature down and sent us home with instructions of what to feed him. We were there for 3 hours!

After we came out of the hospital, we were starving so we decided to get a
Döner Kebab on our way to the farmacy. Initially, Fabi and I were going to wait in the car while Pamela and Ishan went to get our lunch, but then changed plans when they realized the food place had free tables and we could sit down and eat. I took Fabi out of the car and went inside the restaurant. Fabi watched all of us have lunch while he couldn´t even have a sip of juice! As we headed back towards the car, Pamela realized that I had locked the keys inside the car!!!! So....I had to take a bus home while Pamela called a friend to bring her the extra set of keys she had at home.

I managed to carry Fabi home and waited for Ishan and Pamela to do some shopping and bring home the medicine. It took me a couple of days to get better, but it took Fabi FIVE whole days to recuperate. He´s had colds before and fever due to vaccinations....but was never as sick as this past Easter weekend.

I had to cancel my trip to Nuremberg, where I was going to go to a special Spanish Mass on
Easter Sunday. I wasn´t even able to go to Church here in Erlangen...and since I was home I started (and finished!) painting our bedroom - after having finished some small details of the wallpaper job. Ishan took a picture* of me and my paint sprinkled face (and hair). I had "star white" all over me and at some point, even Fabi had paint on his face. We F.I.N.A.L.L.Y! were able to assemble our bed SEVEN weeks after we shifted to our apartment!! Now all I have to do is convince Fabi that he will have to sleep in his own bed - in his own room by himself. (Wish me luck!)

I did not have a good Easter holiday...but not because of what happened last weekend. I did not make the most out of my
Lent, hardly prayed, fasted or meditated. I was too busy with my own little tragedies to make it a point to renew my purpose in life. However, on Easter Sunday afternoon, I made a purpose to get into the spirit...as soon as I got a call from Irfan who wanted to wish me HAPPY EASTER! Thanks, Irfan...!

So, as of today, I will celebrate this great week...spring is here and best of all...



He is risen! ¡Resucitó! Er ist auferstanden!



Prayer: Lord, make me a messenger of your love not only with words, but with my entire life. Amen.

* I now have a disposable camera because I still can´t find my camera charger. I hope to find it soon after I have completely unpacked...if not...I can´t believe I lost it. These things aren´t suppossed to happen to me!

0 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]