Thursday, May 17, 2007

The fun part of my job

  • My son knows that when he drops a spoon while he´s eating, I will pick it up and hand him a clean one. Yesterday while we were having our dinner, he dropped his spoon and suprised me by going to the kitchen and coming back with a clean one (he already reaches the kitchen drawers and knows where the cutlery is kept). This morning when I opened the drawer to give him a spoon for his breakfast, I had to laugh when I saw that he had kept there the dirty spoon he had dropped yesterday.

  • Fabi likes to play, but most of the time he doesn´t like to do it alone. "Mamá, aquí!", he will command me to sit next to him and watch him solve a puzzle or destroy a tower that he has asked me to help him build with his blocks. The only ocassion, I´ve seen him spend time by himself is when he "reads" his books. He will take out all of his books, one by one and turn pages while he points and says the names of things that catch his attention. However, a couple of days ago, he was helping me fold the clean laundry and then spent a long time (a whole 10 minutes!) playing by himself. When I went to check on him , he had spread out all of his Sesame Street socks and had been folding and unfolding them over and over again.

  • Lately MasalaDad has brought quite a number of stuffed animals. Not really my first choice of toy, but surprisingly Fabi likes them a lot. It´s funny to watch him feed his teddy bears, make them go to sleep or tell me that one of them needs a diaper change.

  • Any scratch, bump, fall or bruise: it really does get cured with a kiss from Mommy!

Labels:

1 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

At Thu May 17, 01:58:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Nidhi said...

Mummy is the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]