Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happenin´ week

When a woman is pregnant in India, she decorates her room with pictures of cute babies (she´s suppossed to see nice pictures to get good vibes for her own baby - I guess). The only things hanging on the wall of my bedroom in India when I was expecting Fabi were a calendar, a couple of small paintings and a poster of Spider Man.

I love Spidey! He´s cool....and kinda cute, too! I had seen the movies SpiderMan and SpiderMan 2 on DVDs....and last night...I saw SpiderMan 3 in the movie theater!...with my friends Johanna, Monika and Claudia -- all of us with babysitter Dads at home! Too bad our friend Kathya couldn´t join us. She was the one who reserved our tickets online. I hope she´s feeling better today.

The movie was looong...they even gave us a break in the middle of the movie, just like they do in India! I liked the movie more than I thought I would: lots of action (of course), funny surprises and real shocker scenes. I even jumped out of my seat as a reaction to the reaction my friend Johanna had during one of the scenes! She screamed too!

I don´t recall any other action hero (in a Hollywood prodution) showing so much emotion as SpiderMan in this movie. I should have counted the times he cried! One thing that didn´t surprise me though, was the culminating moment when SpiderMan shows up to save the day: it´s shown with the USA flag on the background across the whole screen!... You would think they would have come up with a more original "subliminal" message by now!

My friends and I had a really good time...we looked like teenagers going out without their parents for the first time. We even asked the lady who was selling popcorn to take a picture of us (with my friend´s camera) while the rest of the line had to patiently wait for their turn to buy snacks. IT WAS FUN!

My friends noticed I looked different, but could not pinpoint exactly why. I wonder why they didn´t notice my shaved head right away. Just kidding! I didn´t shave my head...in fact, I was such a coward, that I didn´t even get "The Rachel" I was going for. Instead, I just got a shorter version of my old hair style with a few minor changes in the front. Have a look...

The irony of it all, is that I wanted to get rid of my "old" look and ended up with an even "older look" from a few years ago.

Do I like the results? Well...I feel like me again, after a loooong time: lighter, fresh, dare I say... younger, even. I´m enjoying the change indeed. However, I still want some "icing on the cake", but wasn´t sure exactly what I wanted...until I saw SpiderMan 3 last night! There´s a character called "Gwen Stacy" (played by actress Bryce Dallas Howard) and now I know that next time I go get my hair trimmed, I will go for this look. I just need some small additional changes on the back tips of my hair and voilá! The new "old me" again!

So...as you can see this has turned out to be a exciting week for me: new look, movie time with friends again....and the best part? Weekend is still yet to come! - Can hardly wait!

1 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

At Fri May 11, 05:36:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Nidhi said...

Hey Mari, glad u have found a nice set of friends with whom u r enjoying watching movies:-), ur new haircut looks cool, the best pic is where u have ur hair tied back n the front razored hair are encircling ur face :-), have a nice weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]