Saturday, February 09, 2008

Piedras Mágicas-Magic Stones

Besides my wedding ring, the only "jewelry" I wear on a daily basis are earrings. Most of the jewelry I own comes from gifts that I have received from friends and family. Sometimes I even forget to wear things because I forget I have them in the first place. I have been meaning to arrange my stuff so that I can easily find see it and wear it more often.
A few days ago, I gave in and bought this necklace shown in the picture.

Do you like it? I bought it from a very talented friend and neighbor of mine, Maribel, who makes wonderful bijouterie.

It turns out Maribel is from Mexico and she uses stones (mostly quartz) from a magical place called "Peña de Bernal" in the state of Querétaro.

Latin America is full of traditions and I think it's wonderful to be able to own a piece of this magic through one of Maribel's creations.

I invite you to visit her wonderful catalog (which I have been helping out to create). As of now there are only pictures of bracelets, but hopefully very soon there will also be pictures of earrings, necklaces and rings as well.
If you want to own or gift some of her creations I suggest you send her an e-mail (preferably in Spanish or German). The prices are wonderfully affordable. (Hint, hint: Valentine's Day is coming up! This is a wonderful gift idea.)

Visit "Piedras Mágicas" here.


Labels: , ,

0 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]