Wednesday, June 14, 2006

So much more than just soccer

World Soccer Cup is going on...so bear with me if my current posts are related to the most important sport event of the year!

Today I would like to bring your attention to a very significant aspect of the World Cup for us gals: spotting the hottest looking players!

My friend Marlène, from Switzerland, ("Hi, Marlène!") sent me the result of the readers' choice from a newspaper of the French part of the country. They chose the best looking man in the Swiss football team taking part in the World Cup. Take a look at the results in the picture below (Click on it for a bigger version). Notice the latin look of the guys that were chosen... ;)





Another interesting thing is that there are twin brothers in the Swiss team, David and Philipp Degen.

Oh!...and here's a story from today's newspaper. More proof of how important all this is worldwide:

'Green light for Thai monks': Thailand's Buddhist monks must swear off many earthly pleasures, but the government has given them the green light to enjoy the World Cup football, a religious affairs official said. "Thai monks will be allowed to watch the matches because exposure to worldly affairs including soccer is beneficial."

So...I think I will go benefit myself and take a good look at the other teams' hot players! Bye!...

Labels: ,

0 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]