Friday, July 28, 2006

Hitting the road again!

Two weeks after I arrived in CR, I renewed my Driver's License. It's been exactly 15 years since I've had my first driver's license, but it's been almost 3 years since I have not driven a car (I *don't* drive in India!).

It's not the first time that I'm faced with the situation of getting behind the wheel after a long period of exclusively being a pedestrian. I spent almost three years in Germany without driving and when I came back home I wondered if I could actually remember how to drive a car. That time I soon discovered that it was easy...'just like riding a bicycle'. However, this time I wondered the same thing again because I wasn't sure if I had gotten used to seeing cars drive on the opposite side of the road. What if my brain would play tricks on me? Luckily, most of the streets in Heredia are one-way (to solve the fact that they're narrow), so it was easy to warm up again to the driver-mode.
Once again I found out that driving is really as easy as riding a bike...except I don't get wet when it rains!
Fabi was not with me the first couple of times when I went back behind the wheel. But now he enjoys the rides sitting in his car seat (never in the front, of course!). He likes his car seat much more than what is shown in these next couple of pictures. It shouldn't be a long ride, otherwise he gets impatient. Fortunately, all distances are short around here.
To make up for Fabi's patient ride on his car seat, yesterday we went to a supermarket where there are special shopping carts for kids. So it was Fabi's turn to be a driver!

1 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

At Sun Jul 30, 12:31:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Nidhi said...

it must be fun getting back on the wheel! when i went bakc to India after 2 yrs stay here i ws also happy to be able to drive again :-)
hv fun!
nidhi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]