Sunday, July 09, 2006

L'Italia! Campioni del mondo!...

Il quarto titolo! It's their fourth title!

This is the picture I wanted to see! I had to wait 120 minutes of suspense and penalty shoot outs!



"Italy's team captain Fabio Cannavaro holds the World Cup trophy after the final of the soccer World Cup between Italy and France in the Olympic Stadium in Berlin, Sunday, July 9, 2006. Italy defeated France 5-3 in a shootout after a 1-1 draw." (AP Photo/Jasper Juinen)

I feel sorry for the french goalkeeper, Fabien Barthez, who took 5 shots.

And what about France's captain, Zinedine Zidane, who played the last game of his career? He scored the first goal of the match...but then he was very rude and got a red card which he totally deserved. What a sad way to go!... Ciao Zizou!

On a side note, Germany's M. Klose took the adidas Golden Shoe, for being the player who scored the most (5) goals. I'm happy for him!...He's young and he deserved it!

This past month was really exciting, but it went by really fast!...It's time to relive the memories! Thirty-two billion people in 207 different countries have watched Germany 2006! Right now, I can only imagine the celebrations going on in Berlin...and in Rome! I think I will celebrate by eating italian food for the next four years...until the next World Cup in South Africa, 2010!

Labels: ,

0 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]