Sunday, September 24, 2006

Happy 'Eighteenth-Month', Fabi!


Babyhood is slipping away from Fabi. He recently started to grab my hand and ask me to follow him wherever he wants to go. He really enjoys my company and it's so cute when he signals for me to sit next to him by saying 'aquí' (/aki/, Spanish for 'here'). A couple of times, he has tried to trick his grandparents to believe that he has a dirty diaper, because he knows that such situation will immediately get him to his 'Mamá!'

I love his spontaneous attacks of hugs and kisses and I'm proud when I see him signal the word 'please', by rubbing his chest in circles whenever he wants something.

Fabi had a vaccination a couple of days ago and he has had the strongest reaction of fever ever. I guess it didn't help that his limbs where aching from the needle pinch, but he has been stuck to me like glue and for the last 2 days, I've had to carry those 10 kgs around the clock. My arm is numb! Overall he's a brave little boy and he loves to dance even if he's feeling just ok (no music is necessary...just the mention of the word 'dance' and he starts to show his moves! It's what his Grandfather calls 'dry dancing'.)

Wow!...It's hard to believe that a whole year and a half has gone by since MasalaDad and I met Fabi! Today he celebrated by coloring with his new jumbo sized
Crayola crayons:


0 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]