Monday, September 11, 2006

Symbolic date


September 11th 2006 has a special significance. It not only marks the fifth anniversary of the attacks on New York and Washington, it also marks 100 years to the day that Mahatma Gandhi launched the modern nonviolent resistance movement.[Link.]

Ironic, isn't it?

I think everyone remembers what they were doing on 9/11 five years ago. I was in the Wolfgang-Händler-Hochhaus, in the computer lab of the Technische Fakultät building. I was concentrated on some homework for my 'Scientific Computing' course when my friend Max who was sitting next to me said (in Spanish): "@#$%! The towers in NY have blown up!" Of course...I only came to grasp the complete picture of what had happened a lot later.

I wonder where the world is going to be five more years from now? ten? fifteen?...

2 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

At Wed Sep 13, 09:39:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger Nidhi said...

Ya, 5 yrs ago i was working in my office when 9/11 happensd and one of my fav designers from USA Brian was in India, he was the one who came rushing n told us abt it, as he was worried and had to delay his flight back coz of it...
next 5 yrs hmmmm dunno where we wd be,..

 
At Wed Sep 13, 05:18:00 PM GMT+2, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember being at home when the blasts happened.. n some friends called up telling me about it.. ur right... we understood the intensity of damage only after sometime...

n about the future.. i wonder what kind of future will the kids of today have... without any sense of security.... living in dread all the time..

would like u to chk this link.. very beautifully written...

http://keshigirl.blogspot.com/2006/09/better-death.html

nice blog here.. n u have got a very cute lil kid..

ria

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]