Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Cooking 101 (Updated)

I´ve said it before and I´ll say it again: "Cooking is not my thing." But because I would like to (at least try to) keep my New Year´s resolution, I thought I would experiment with an Indian recipe today (from a book that my Mom had given me called "Cocina India)". I was halfway into the "potato curry" recipe on page 44... when I looked down on the floor to see that Fabi was having a spaghetti party. Those fine pasta sticks were really keeping him busy:So I decided to go ahead with the second part of the project and make a historic attempt at making chapatis:
I had SO much work picking up the mess Fabi had made that it seriously makes me wonder if I am going to try cooking again in the near future. Maybe I´ll try again next week. Next time I will give Fabi something to "help me" with before he opens the pantry by himself.
P.S. On the other hand, MasalaDad was *SO* happy to find a resemblence of Indian food at home today...that I just might change my mind about cooking ... maybe it´s not so bad after all.

UPDATED to add: My friend Rong says it looks like Fabi was playing Mikado with the spaghetti sticks.

Labels:

5 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

At Tue May 22, 04:43:00 AM GMT+2, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, keep trying harder! Las chapatis no parecen tan chapas! O y J

 
At Tue May 22, 07:42:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Nidhi said...

do we get to taste stuff made by you on weekend?

 
At Tue May 22, 11:43:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger MasalaMom said...

Nidhi: you *should* get to taste something made by me...after all...you are coming for dinner :) (Chai, anyone?) ...

 
At Wed May 23, 09:18:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Nidhi said...

heheh Mari, i guess i am the only Indian who doesnt drink chai :), hv never tasted it., strange but true

 
At Thu May 24, 08:37:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger MasalaMom said...

Nidhi: You have *NEVER* TASTED Chai? Not even out of curiosity! Wow!...In that case... I will surprise you with something else! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]