Sunday, January 29, 2006

What goes up, must come down!

Regarding my New Year's resolution of losing my post-pregnancy weight, I've decided to follow the suggestion of the 'Monk':

Five steps to reach a goal
1- Clearly visualize the outcome.
2- Create positive pressure to keep inspired (for example, make your goal public).
3- Never set a goal without a (reasonable) timeline; write it down on paper.
4- Perform a new activity for 21 days and it will become a habit.
5- Enjoy the process.


Let's see:


1- This picture was taken in 2004. I'll be very happy to be able to wear those clothes again. I visualize this every morning.

2- I'm clearly making my goal public by writing about this on my blog.

3- I’m only six kgs. away from my goal. So far, this timeline seems reasonable to me:
(Click to enlarge)




4- I need to work on this one... I should do some type of exercise everyday...

5- The part that I enjoy the most is when I get my weight checked and I get a little paper with the results. I carry those little papers in my wallet: they show the proof of my progress! However, I should make it a point to scan them as soon as I get them, because the ink fades from the 'fax-like' paper.
(Click to enlarge)
You see the little yellow chick on the ticker at the top of this blog? By the time it shows that Fabi is 12 months old, I would like to be at my pre-pregnancy weight (and shape!) - Wish me luck! I still have two more months to work on this goal!

3 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

At Mon Jan 30, 08:06:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Shweta & Rajeev's World said...

I completely identify with you! I have put on 7 kgs after my 1st year of marriage. Now I am struggling to get rid of that stubborn fat! And I have been very unsuccessful in doing so. Sweets are my weakness and I just have to eat something sweet everyday. Now you are my inspiration. I will also try to work hard in getting back in shape again!

 
At Mon Jan 30, 02:39:00 PM GMT+1, Blogger MasalaMom said...

Shweta: Ice cream and chocolates are my weakness too!!!...I've decided to give them up (albeit temporarily) until I reach my goal. Somehow it has worked because eventhough I don't remember the last time I had ice cream, I don't crave it. Every once in a while I still have some sweets and try to snack on yummy fresh fruits, which are so easily available here! Oh...and one more thing: instead of exercises, I've been working out while dancing because it's so much more fun! Sometimes all we need is a little motivation! All the best to you!

 
At Tue Jan 31, 07:55:00 AM GMT+1, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Marie,

It is very nice that you r concious about ur weight and even nicer than that is that u r loosing it and may be before Gaurang's first Birthday, you are the same Marie with 54kgs and you can wear tha same clothes you wished ....

Sudhir Shimpi,
Jalgaon(Dhule)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]