Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Greatest Show ... in Vashi!


We saw more elephants!...But this time it was expected because we went to the circus!

Last Friday we went to our local mall (it's actually a 'small') and after our weekly shopping Ishan noticed the Raj Kamal Circus was in town, right in front of where we had parked. "Let's go to the circus!", he said. So...without planning we went in...just like that (eventhough it was rather close to Fabi's dinner time!). I think it was the first time (in a year - at least!) that we have gone out to some sort of entertainment, and it was definitely the first time we have done something in the spurt of the moment: things are a little easier now that Fabi is not a 'baby', but is now a 'toddler'.

I've been to the circus twice in my life, once in USA ('The Greatest Show on Earth") and once in Costa Rica. I have always enjoyed the elephants the most! This was the first time I saw a hippo ('horse of the river') in a circus. Fabi found the dancing doggies and the acrobats in bicycles very amusing. He even had nap during the show and we had to leave half an hour early, but we had a nice time overall.

I've scanned the admission ticket to show you its design. Notice the flags (from left to right): Panama, United Kingdom, Hungary, unknown and Japan. I guess it's their way of saying it's an 'international' show!?...

3 What say? / Que me dicen? - Comments:

At Wed Apr 05, 09:39:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger Nidhi said...

Wow Mari, circus is always fun, i always loved going to circus when i was a kid:-)

 
At Wed Apr 05, 10:39:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger Shweta & Rajeev's World said...

Hey!! That must be fun. I remember going for a lot of Circus Shows in Pune when I was small. I also used to love the doggie show and off course the trapeze act!!

 
At Fri Apr 07, 04:50:00 AM GMT+2, Anonymous Anonymous said...

El mismo gusto de Oma Luz para ir al circo,
¿Había payasos? Es la parte favorita de Oma O. O y J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]